Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year




I am a December baby.  My Seth, too, was a December baby.

Mommy & Seth, his last Christmas, 12/2008.

I love this time of the year.

Snow.  Cold crisp air.  Cheer.  Joy.  Love abound.


Christmas trees.  Eggnog.  Holiday song.


Giving.


Receiving.


My Saviour, Jesus THE Christ.


Being thankful that God loves me so much, that He came here, in the form of His Son, so that I can be with Him in eternal life.


What better thing can we ask for at Christmas?


I am also thankful that God too loves the children who are of an innocence that we as adults reminisce about.  He loves them so that when they are called home, they go home to Him.


It is Christmas Eve and there are families that have stockings hung, and presents under a tree, that will not be opened.  


Not this Christmas.


Not any Christmas.  Ever again.


Their children, like my Seth, have gone home.


The only thing that will comfort them, whether they realize it or not, is the fact that God loves us all so much, that He came here, for us.


He came because He knows that there is no tangible thing that we can give or receive that compares to the love He has for us.  


I love Him, because He first loved me.


As I return home from our annual Christmas Eve Communion Service at church (I love my church), I am filled with a knowing that no matter what, He loves me. 


He loves us all.


Though everyday is a blessing, Christmas...


...is the MOST wonderful time of the year.

Have a Merry Christmas & A Blessed New Year!

Always,
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment